Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Allegory of Drawing, undated
Allegory of Drawing
- Pen and black ink, graphite, and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 4 3/4in. (8.3 x 12.1cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Drawing"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Burney"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | books | cherubs | compass | easel | flowers | palette | portfolio | scrolls | sculpture | vines
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.