Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Allegory of Drawing, undated
Allegory of Drawing
- Pen and black ink, graphite, and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 1/4 x 4 3/4in. (8.3 x 12.1cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Drawing"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Burney"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | books | carrying | cherubs | compass | easel | flowers | palette | portfolio | religious and mythological subject | scrolls | sculpture | vines
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.