- A Tuarez of Ghraat (Ghat?) Fezzan (Libya)
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 6 1/4 inches (19.1 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "A Tuarick of Ghrach | a state near Fezzan | His vest is of leather."; inscribed in black ink, lower right: "G.F. Lyon, Tripoli. May | 1819"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "G. F. Lyon", "May" | "1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- scarves | sword | Tuareg
- Associated Places:
- Awbari | Fezzan | Ghat | Libya
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Francis Lyon, 1795–1832, British, A Tuarez of Ghraat (Ghat?) Fezzan (Libya), 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.