- Study of Waves
- Gray and brown washes with white gouache over graphite on thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 5 13/16 × 8 7/8 inches (14.8 × 22.5 cm) and Frame: 15 3/4 × 20 3/4 × 1 inches (40 × 52.7 × 2.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Samuel Palmer"; in graphite, bottom center: "64/4/14/13"; in graphite, bottom right: "Study of Waves"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art | ocean | study (visual work) | water | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Study of Waves, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.