IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Allan Ramsay, 1713–1784, British, Costume Study for a Portrait of a Man, undated
Costume Study for a Portrait of a Man
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of a Coat
- Black chalk and white chalk on thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 5 5/8 inches (20.3 x 14.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- berthas | coats | costume | cuff links | figure study | men | studies (visual works)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.