- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 5 1/4 inches (17.8 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "1736 7 Oct"; on mount, lower right: "mitis Sapientia"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "2) nu | [...]"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "mitis Sapientia."; in graphite, center: "79746 | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ear | man | portrait | self-portrait | stock
- Associated People:
- Richardson, Jonathan, the elder (1667–1745), portrait painter and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Jonathan Richardson the Elder, 1667–1745, British, Self Portrait, 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.