- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 5 1/4 inches (17.8 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "1736 7 Oct"; on mount, lower right: "mitis Sapientia"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "2) nu | [...]"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "mitis Sapientia."; in graphite, center: "79746 | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ear | man | portrait | self-portrait | stock
- Associated People:
- Richardson, Jonathan, the elder (1667–1745), portrait painter and writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Jonathan Richardson the Elder, 1667–1745, British, Self Portrait, 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.