IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Musicians and a Performing Bear, undated
Musicians and a Performing Bear
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Two Sketches of Men in Profile
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 7 inches (7.9 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bear | dancing | dogs (animals) | genre subject | musicians | violinists
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.