Thomas Sandby RA, 1721–1798, British, An Encampment in Flanders, ca. 1747
An Encampment in Flanders
- ca. 1747
- Watercolor, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 2 1/2 × 11 1/4 inches (6.4 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | military camp | tents
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Europe | Flanders
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.