- John Flaxman whilst Lecturing at the Royal Academy
- after 1800
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 6 3/8 inches (10.8 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower left: "C. Varley Del.t"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower center: "Flaxman"; in artist's hand in graphite lower center: "whilst Lecturing at the Royal Academy"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "54a"; in graphite lower right; "1694"
Sgned in graphite lower left: "C. Varley Del.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | portrait
- Associated Places:
- England | Royal Academy | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Flaxman, John (1755-1826), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, John Flaxman whilst Lecturing at the Royal Academy, after 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.