- A Village Street
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 10 3/8 x 13 7/8 inches (26.4 x 35.2 cm) and Sheet: 8 3/8 x 12 1/8 inches (21.3 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed on back on mount in graphite upper left: "W5821 | Cornelius Varley | 5821"; in graphite upper right: "221"; in graphite lower left: "D6-692 | 4192 D/G"; in graphite lower right: "L/S"
Collector's mark: Eagle with olive branch and arrows
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | chimneys | cityscape | cottages | houses | road | stairs | stones | street | village
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
pupil of John Varley, 1778–1842, British, A Village Street, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.