- London from the Thames
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (14 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink lower left: "J.Varley"
Signed in pen and black ink lower left: "J.Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bushes | city | cityscape | deer | domes | landscape | river | road | steeples | trees
- Associated Places:
- London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, London from the Thames, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.