- View of Rugged Coastline, Bamburgh, Northumberland
- Watercolor, graphite and scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 x 5 7/8 inches (10.2 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J.Varley"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J.Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | coastline | hills | landscape | rocks (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- Bamburgh | England | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, View of Rugged Coastline, Bamburgh, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.