Ruins of Richbro' Castle, Isle of Thanet
- Gray wash and brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 13 7/8 inches (24.4 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J. W- | Richbro' Castle| walls 9 foot thick | Isle of Thanet"; right center: "red green [?Cottons] [...] [?look]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "64/1/22/6 | 14"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. W-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | Richbro' Castle | Thanet, Isle of | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Ruins of Richbro' Castle, Isle of Thanet, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.