Ruins of Richbro' Castle, Isle of Thanet
- Gray wash and brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 5/8 x 13 7/8 inches (24.4 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J. W- | Richbro' Castle| walls 9 foot thick | Isle of Thanet"; right center: "red green [?Cottons] [...] [?look]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "64/1/22/6 | 14"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. W-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | Richbro' Castle | Thanet, Isle of | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Ruins of Richbro' Castle, Isle of Thanet, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.