Study of Trees
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 12 x 8 1/2 inches (30.5 x 21.6 cm) and Sheet: 7 1/16 x 4 7/8 inches (17.9 x 12.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "19"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "64/1/10/10"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "D27060'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | movement | study (visual work) | trees | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), Study of Trees, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.