Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), Mother and Child with Young Boy Leaning on Window Sill, undated
Mother and Child with Young Boy Leaning on Window Sill
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, light blue, wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 4 1/8 x 4 7/16 inches (10.5 x 11.3 cm) and Sheet: 3 3/16 x 3 3/8 inches (8.1 x 8.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | child | children | figure study | genre subject | leaning | leisure | mother | sill | window | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.