Gulliver Bound by the Lilliputians
- Additional Title(s):
Gulliver in Lilliput
- Graphite on medium, rough, blue laid paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 6 7/8 x 9 5/8 inches (17.5 x 24.4 cm) and Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 7/8 inches (13 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center of contemporary mount: "Gulliver in Lilliput"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | literary theme | people | spears | trees | water
- Associated People:
- Gulliver, Lemuel, fictional protagonist and narrator of 'Gulliver's Travels', a novel written by Jonathan Swift, first published in 1726
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Wilson RA, 1713/4–1782, British, active in Italy (1750–56), Gulliver Bound by the Lilliputians, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.