IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mather Brown, 1761–1831, American, active in Britain, A Page Boy in Blue with a Red Shield, undated
A Page Boy in Blue with a Red Shield
- Pen and black ink, gouache and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 5 inches (17.8 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "King"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | figure study | shields (armor)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.