William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Castle on a Cliff with Stormy Sea, undated
Castle on a Cliff with Stormy Sea
- Watercolor with graphite on cream, medium, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 13 13/16 inches (22.2 x 35.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cliff | landscape | meteorology | rocks (landforms) | science | sea | sky | storm | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.