- Watercolor with pen in brown and black ink, with graphite, and gouache on cream, medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/16 x 10 1/2 inches (36.7 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed with brush in gray watercolor, lower left: "Wm Callow"; inscribed by artist in pen in gray ink, lower right: "Rialto Venice | Aug 18.46"
Signed, lower left: "Wm Callow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | buildings | church | cityscape | crowd | sky | stone | street | windows
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Rialto | Venice
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 63, pl. 63, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)