- Scene of Three Witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 12 inches (24.8 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brown wash lower center: "G. Catermole | '40"; inscribed on back in pen and black ink encircled: "J14791"; in graphite: "9 1/4 x 11 3/4"
Signed and dated in artist's hand in brown wash lower center: "G. Catermole | '40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cauldrons | fire | Macbeth, Act IV, Scene I | monkey (animal) | newt | raven | shadows | window | witches
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Cattermole, 1800–1868, British, Scene of Three Witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.