Scene of Three Witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth
- Former Title(s):
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 12 inches (24.8 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brown wash lower center: "G. Catermole | '40"; inscribed on back in pen and black ink encircled: "J14791"; in graphite: "9 1/4 x 11 3/4"
Signed and dated in artist's hand in brown wash lower center: "G. Catermole | '40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cauldrons | fire | Macbeth, Act IV, Scene I | monkey (animal) | newt | raven | shadows | window | witches
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Cattermole, 1800–1868, British, Scene of Three Witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.