IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Cattermole, 1800–1868, British, Scene of Three Witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth, 1840
Scene of Three Witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth
- Former Title(s):
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 12 inches (24.8 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brown wash lower center: "G. Catermole | '40"; inscribed on back in pen and black ink encircled: "J14791"; in graphite: "9 1/4 x 11 3/4"
Signed and dated in brown wash, lower center: "G. Catermole | '40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cauldrons | fire | Macbeth, Act IV, Scene I | monkey (animal) | newt | raven | shadows | window | witches
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.