- Figure Study for the Painting of the Victory of Lord Duncan: Study for Sailor Bearing the Dutch Flag
- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 7 1/4 inches (27 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper right encircled: "7117"; in graphite upper center: "J S Copley | Sketch for painting of Lord Duncan"; in graphite lower right monogram: "JL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Dutch | figures | flags | seamen | studies (visual works)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Singleton Copley, 1738–1815, American, active in Britain (from 1776), Figure Study for the Painting of the Victory of Lord Duncan: Study for Sailor Bearing the Dutch Flag, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.