Study for the Central Group in the "Death of Earl of Chatham"
- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 12 1/2 inches (26.4 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in later hand in graphite upper left sideways: "Study for principal | Group in Picture of the | Death of Lord Chatham | J.S. Copley R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- deaths | earls | figure study | men | noblemen | studies (visual works) | wars
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Singleton Copley, 1738–1815, American, active in Britain (from 1776), Study for the Central Group in the "Death of Earl of Chatham", 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.