Portrait Study of Thomas Hearne
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 9/16 x 10 5/16 inches (31.9 x 26.2 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (27.3 x 20 cm), and Image: 10 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (27.3 x 20 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Thomas Hearne. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | draughtsman (artist) | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Hearne, Thomas (1744–1817), watercolour painter and topographical draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Portrait Study of Thomas Hearne, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.