- Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphosis (three of four)
- ca. 1710
- Pen, black ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 8 1/2 inches (35.9 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: "No 3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | death | eagle | goddesses | gods - classical mythology | Gorgoneion, head of Medusa | head | lion | literary theme | loom | lovers | lyre | Metamorphoses | monsters of the sea | nymph | nymph | Pegasus | rain | religious and mythological subject | serpents | statues | suicide
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphosis (three of four), ca. 1710
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.