A View of Carlisle Bay, Barbados, with Cottages
- ca. 1820
- Gray wash, graphite, with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (16.5 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, left center: "Carlisle Bay, Barbados | by Lt. Paul Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cottages | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Barbados | Carlisle Bay | North and Central America
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Lt. Paul Sandby, ca. 1820, A View of Carlisle Bay, Barbados, with Cottages, ca. 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.