A View of Carlisle Bay, Barbados, with Cottages
- ca. 1820
- Gray wash, graphite, with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- 6 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (16.5 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, left center: "Carlisle Bay, Barbados | by Lt. Paul Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cottages | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Barbados | Carlisle Bay | North and Central America
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lt. Paul Sandby, ca. 1820, A View of Carlisle Bay, Barbados, with Cottages, ca. 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.