IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Swaine, 1730–1782, British, Ships on a Calm Sea, undated
Ships on a Calm Sea
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 8 1/4 inches (14.9 × 21 cm)
Collector's mark: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flags | marine art | masts | sea | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.