Design for a portrait of an architect or a painter
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 5 1/4 inches (17.5 x 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "5-9-3/4"; center right, in brown ink: "1-6-8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architects | bird | capital (column component) | clouds | columns (architectural elements) | compasses (drawing instruments) | design | dogs (animals) | dresses | figure study | man | painters (artists) | sheet music | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Design for a portrait of an architect or a painter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.