Design for a portrait of an architect or a painter
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 5 1/4 inches (17.5 x 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "5-9-3/4"; center right, in brown ink: "1-6-8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architects | bird | capital (column component) | clouds | columns (architectural elements) | compasses (drawing instruments) | design | dogs (animals) | dresses | figure study | man | painters (artists) | sheet music | trees | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Design for a portrait of an architect or a painter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.