- Scotsman with Sword; Modern Dress of a Highland Chieftan
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 2 15/16 inches (11.1 × 7.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "Modern dress of a Highland | Cheiftain | McNab Tartan + Clan Alpin Plaid. | Black leather belt with dirk + pistol | Goat skin purse, ornamented with tasel | Broad sword"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt (costume accessory) | bow (costume accessory) | bow tie | costume | figure study | Highland costume | jacket | kilt | sash (quilt component) | Scottish | sporran | stockings | sword | tartan
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Walker, active 1792–died 1795, British, Scotsman with Sword; Modern Dress of a Highland Chieftan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.