A Scene at Windsor
- Graphite and brown wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (10.5 x 16.5 cm) and Mount: 7 1/2 x 9 3/4 inches (19.1 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Hogarth"; in brown ink, verso, lower left: "Windsor 18 Jan 1769"; in black ink, verso, lower left: "Purchased by J. Forrester"; in graphite, verso, lower center: "Wm Hogarth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | children | crowd | dog (animal) | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | letters (correspondence) | pails | stools | street | swords
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, A Scene at Windsor, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.