IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, The Broken Pipe, undated
The Broken Pipe
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: graphite studies of heads
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (21.3 × 28.3 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "H.W.Bunbury"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | figure study | hat | horse (animal) | man | pipe | reins | sketch | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v. 1: p. 205, no. 412, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.