Italianate Landscape with Castle, Cascade and Anglers
- Additional Title(s):
- between 1780 and 1790
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink and black chalk on medium, cream, slightly textured wove paper mounted on moderately thick, cream, moderately textured laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 10 1/2 inches (37.8 x 26.7 cm) and Mount: 16 3/8 x 12 1/4 inches (41.6 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Paul Sandby. | (17225-1809)"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "M33 | 25x19 | mount open to lines indicated. | Blue overmount with lines and gold | H.19367"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cascade | castle | fishing | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Italianate Landscape with Castle, Cascade and Anglers, between 1780 and 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.