IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William James Muller, 1812–1845, British, Study of a Cottage by a lane, undated
Study of a Cottage by a lane
- Watercolor, gouache, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 x 13 15/16 inches (24.6 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "6279 Ex60"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "Stark"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | cottage | roof | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.