Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Sheet of Classical Figure Studies, undated
Sheet of Classical Figure Studies
- Pen, brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured beige laid paper and moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper mount
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (21.3 x 17.1 cm) and Mount: 12 1/2 x 10 inches (31.8 x 25.4 cm)
Mount inscribed by a later hand, "Thornhill" and "D.26299".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beards | detail studies | figures (representations) | mythology | nudes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.