- Moses and the Brazen Serpent - Design for the chapel at Dunster Castle
- ca. 1723
- Pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 x 14 1/8 inches (22.9 x 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in the artist's hand in brown ink, center: "For Mrs. Luttrell Chapl | at Dunster Castle""
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | architectural subject | biblical studies | crucifixes | history paintings | religious and mythological subject | serpents
- Associated Places:
- Dunster | England | Minehead | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Moses and the Brazen Serpent - Design for the chapel at Dunster Castle, ca. 1723
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.