John Thomas Serres, 1759–1825, British, St. Maws Castle, Falmouth, East South East, undated
St. Maws Castle, Falmouth, East South East
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (7.9 × 17.1 cm) and 2 1/8 × 5 1/2 inches (5.4 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in penand brown ink, lower left: "St. Maws Castle, Falmouth, East South East"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | coast | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sea
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | Europe | Falmouth | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.