John Thomas Serres, 1759–1825, British, The Start, West North West, undated
The Start, West North West
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 10 1/4 inches (8.6 × 26 cm) and Image: 2 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (6 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "The Start West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | coast | landscape | sea
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.