- Study of a Girl for "Mary, Queen of Scots, Escaping from Loch Leven Castle"
- Black chalk with brown wash on thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 18 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (46 × 28.9 cm)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower center: "D. Wilkie f. 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | girl | hand | headband | profile (figure) | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
A loan exhibition of English drawings and watercolours from the collection of Mr and Mrs Paul Mellon of Upperville, Virginia, P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London, 1964, ca. no. 76, N5247.M385 L62 (YCBA)
Yale University Art Gallery, English drawings and watercolors, from the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, April 15 - June 20, 1965 , New Haven, 1965, Cat. No. 76, NC228 Y34 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study of a Girl for "Mary, Queen of Scots, Escaping from Loch Leven Castle", 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.