- The Artist Sketching Mlle. de St. Legier as a Shepherdess
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 inches (19.1 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "p50/11"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J.Moore | 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aristocrats | artist | bushes | cottage | crook, shepherd's | dresses | fountain | genre subject | hats | man | pastoral | pencil | plumes | portraiture | ribbons (costume accessories) | robes à l'anglaise | sheep | shepherdess | sketching | staff | tailcoat | trees | trough | water | waterfall | wigs | window | women
- Associated People:
- Moore, James (British painter, 1762-1799)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Moore, 1762–1799, British, The Artist Sketching Mlle. de St. Legier as a Shepherdess, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.