Romantic Landscape with Distant Mountains
- Watercolor, gum, white gouache, graphite and scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 14 inches (19.4 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley | 1842"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley | 1842"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castles | clouds | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sea | seashore | sheep | shepherds | staff | sunset | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Romantic Landscape with Distant Mountains, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.