Byland Abbey, Yorkshire
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 15 1/4 inches (27.6 x 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley 1808"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbeys | arches | architectural subject | churches | landscape | masonry | roads | ruins | spires | stones | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- Byland | Byland Abbey | England | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.