Mountainous Landscape with Lake
- Watercolor, graphite, white ground and varnish on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 13 5/8 inches (22.2 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley 1840"; inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "John Varley : Mountainous Landscape | With Lake"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley 1840"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | buildings | clouds | hills | lakes | landscape | mountains | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Mountainous Landscape with Lake, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.