Mountainous Landscape with Lake
- Watercolor, graphite, white ground and varnish on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 13 5/8 inches (22.2 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley 1840"; inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "John Varley : Mountainous Landscape | With Lake"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J. Varley 1840"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | buildings | clouds | hills | lakes | landscape | mountains | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Mountainous Landscape with Lake, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.