IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Norwich, undated
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 11 1/2 inches (30.2 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in black chalk center left: "<2747>"; in red chalk center: "25"; in graphite lower center: "JMP"; in black chalk lower right: "Near Norwich Cath. | by J. Varly | 5468 | VN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | buildings | chimneys | cityscape | figures | gates | houses | shops | wheelbarrows
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.