- Study of Two Laid Up Sailing Vessels
- Graphite on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 11 7/8 inches (24.1 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "S90 | £E"; in graphite, center right: "ES"; in graphite, lower center: "3240 | Sam. Prout"; in graphite, lower right: "761 | [...]\4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lookout | marine art | masts | poles | pulleys | ropes | sailing | sails | ships | study (visual work) | vessels
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Study of Two Laid Up Sailing Vessels, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.