IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Study of Two Laid Up Sailing Vessels, undated
Study of Two Laid Up Sailing Vessels
- Graphite on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 11 7/8 inches (24.1 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "S90 | £E"; in graphite, center right: "ES"; in graphite, lower center: "3240 | Sam. Prout"; in graphite, lower right: "761 | [...]\4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lookout | marine art | masts | poles | pulleys | ropes | sailing | sails | ships | study (visual work) | vessels
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.