The Chapel of the Greyfriars Monastery, Winchester
- between 1790 and 1795
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 11 1/8 inches (22.9 x 28.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 12 1/16 x 14 7/16 inches (30.6 x 36.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Chapel of the Grey Friar Monastery Winchester"
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "MR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | dog (animal) | fence | genre subject | hay | hoes | men | monastery | pitchforks | rakes | resting | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | United Kingdom | Winchester | Winchester Cathedral | Winchester Cathedral Priory
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Malcolm Cormack, Oil on water, oil sketches by British watercolorists , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1986, p. 50, fig. 52, ND467 C67 (YCBA)