Hermitage Near Albano
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 13 7/8 × 19 5/16 inches (35.2 × 49.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 × 16 1/8 inches (30.5 × 41 cm), and Sheet: 10 1/16 x 14 3/16in. (25.6 x 36cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Hermitage near Albano | Thursday Oct.br 17th 1782"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right, or upper left: "Hermitage near Albano | Thursday Oct 17th 1782"
Watermark: "J HONIG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | hermitage | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Albano, Lago | Campagna | Italy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Hermitage Near Albano, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.