Graves of the Officers in the Fort on Cathcart's Hill
- Former Title(s):
Graves of the Officers in the Fort on Cathcart Hill
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 13 3/4 inches (20.6 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "William Simpson | 16 Dec 1854"
Signed in graphite lower right: "William Simpson | 16 Dec 1854"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fort | graves | hill | landscape | military art | officers | soldier | war
- Associated Places:
- Crimean Peninsula | Sebastopol | Ukraine
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Graves of the Officers in the Fort on Cathcart's Hill, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.