Graves of the Officers in the Fort on Cathcart's Hill
- Former Title(s):
Graves of the Officers in the Fort on Cathcart Hill
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 13 3/4 inches (20.6 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "William Simpson | 16 Dec 1854"
Signed in graphite lower right: "William Simpson | 16 Dec 1854"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fort | graves | hill | landscape | military art | officers | soldier | war
- Associated Places:
- Crimean Peninsula | Sebastopol | Ukraine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Victorian Landscape Watercolors (Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, 1993-02-11 - 1993-04-12) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Victorian Landscape Watercolors (The Cleveland Museum of Art, 1992-11-18 - 1993-01-03) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Victorian Landscape Watercolors (Yale Center for British Art, 1992-09-09 - 1992-11-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]