IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, Ship Study, 1823
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 x 8 3/8 inches (45.7 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, lower left, recto: "Sept 11 1823 C. Varley" and in graphite, lower right, recto: <Cornelius VARLEY>
Signed in graphite, lower left, recto: "C. Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | hats | marine art | masts | men | pulleys | rigging | sailors | sails | ship
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.