Study of Boats on Shore
- Additional Title(s):
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (41.9 x 26.7 cm)
Watermark, lower center: "Cansell, 1827"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "C Varley 1829"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | building | cloak | dry dock | harbor | man | marine art | mast | post | pulley | rope | sail | sailboat | sea | ships | shore (landform) | window
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Sea | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, Study of Boats on Shore, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.