Ships and Hulks Moored in an Estuary
- Watercolor with gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 11 3/16 x 18 13/16 inches (28.4 x 47.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Portsmouth Harbour"; on back of mount, center: "English School 19th century | Ships and Hulks moored in an | Estuary"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | dock | estuary | flag | genre subject | harbor | hulks | marine art | masts | men | oars | posts | rocks (landforms) | seamen | ships | shipyard | shore (landform)
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | Portsmouth Harbor | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.