The Union Club
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Men Training Bears
- Pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 16 7/16 inches (31.1 x 41.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Gillray, The Union Club | 4 (encircled)"; on back, lower left: "£21 | Puld(?)"; on back lower right: "M6 (encircled) | 25 x 19 on false margin | Blue overmount, lines [...] gold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | bears | bottles | celebration | chairs | clock | club (association) | drunk | feast | food | genre subject | humor | men | muzzles | party | satire | sleeping | table | tamers | taming | throwing | tricornes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Williams, active 1796–1830, British, The Union Club, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.