The Union Club
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Men Training Bears
- Pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 16 7/16 inches (31.1 x 41.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Gillray, The Union Club | 4 (encircled)"; on back, lower left: "£21 | Puld(?)"; on back lower right: "M6 (encircled) | 25 x 19 on false margin | Blue overmount, lines [...] gold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | bears | bottles | celebration | chairs | clock | club (association) | drunk | feast | food | genre subject | humor | men | muzzles | party | satire | sleeping | table | tamers | taming | throwing | tricornes
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Williams, active 1796–1830, British, The Union Club, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.