- Lake Maggiore
- ca. 1850
- Watercolor with gouache over graphite on thick, moderately textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 x 19 1/8 inches (17.7 x 48.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, within image, lower right: "Maggiore."; in graphite, within image, lower right: "J. Rouboliam"; on mount, lower right: "T. ROWBOTHAM | 84 | Anonymous, 19th c. | Lago Maggiore (underlined)"; on back of mount, center: "UNKNOWN, c. 1850 | (Thomas Leeson Rowbotham, Jnr, former attrib.) | Lake Maggiore"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arbor | buildings | cliffs | coastline | columns | donkey | genre subject | lake | landscape | man | mountains | path | pillars | sailboats | sails | veil | vines | women
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Italy | Lago Maggiore | Switzerland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Lake Maggiore, ca. 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.